The Faith in Place Action Fund regularly meets with candidates and elected officials to advocate for environmental justice jobs and support leaders who champion our cause. Candidates receive endorsement if they sufficiently demonstrate a commitment to the following priorities:
- Curbing climate change while creating clean energy jobs, improving our energy efficiency and our renewable portfolio standards to create wind and solar jobs for all.
- Prioritizing energy efficiency, wind, and solar jobs for areas that suffer disproportionately from air pollution, requiring a just transition plan from polluting jobs to clean energy jobs.
- Creating accessibility of clean energy jobs for returning citizens and those across the state in economically challenged and disadvantaged communities across Illinois.
- Achieving access to local, healthy food for the more than 500,000 people in Illinois who live in food scarce neighborhoods.
- Emphasizing policy solutions of water justice for communities who suffer disproportionately from basement flooding and sewer backups.
The following candidates completed the Faith in Place Action Fund Questionnaire, and met with our Board of Directors to discuss the environmental justice issues at stake in this election. We are proud to endorse these candidates, and encourage you to vote for them on November 6th.
We are proud to endorse Rep. Sonya Harper (IL-6), Rep. Justin Slaughter (IL-27), Rep. Camille Lilly (IL-78), and Lamont Robinson (IL-5)!
The following candidates completed the Faith in Place Action Fund Questionnaire, but did not meet with our Board of Directors for an endorsement interview. We are publicizing their answers to the Questionnaire below for your reference.
JB Pritzker (IL-Governor) has committed to supporting the priorities of the Faith in Place Action Fund. (See detailed responses here)
Kwame Raoul (IL-Attorney General) has committed to supporting the priorities of the Faith in Place Action Fund.
Michael Frerichs (IL-Treasurer) has committed to supporting the priorities of the Faith in Place Action Fund.
Curtis Tarver (IL-25) has committed to supporting the priorities of the Faith in Place Action Fund. (See detailed responses here)
In 2016, the Faith in Place Action Fund made our inaugural endorsement after meeting with State Representative Sonya M. Harper (D-Chicago), 6th District. We continue to meet with elected officials and candidates to ensure our elected officials will champion our cause of environmental justice jobs.