Congratulations Mayor-Elect Lori Lightfoot!
We’re excited to work with Mayor-elect Lightfoot to tackle important issues like job creation, food and water justice, and limiting the impacts of climate change. You can find her response to the Faith in Place Action Fund questionnaire here.
The Faith in Place Action Fund regularly meets with candidates and elected officials to advocate for environmental justice jobs and support leaders who champion our cause. Candidates receive an endorsement if they sufficiently demonstrate a commitment to the following priorities:
- Curbing climate change while creating clean energy jobs, improving our energy efficiency and our renewable portfolio standards to create wind and solar jobs for all.
- Prioritizing energy efficiency, wind, and solar jobs for areas that suffer disproportionately from air pollution, requiring a just transition plan from polluting jobs to clean energy jobs.
- Creating accessibility of clean energy jobs for returning citizens and those across the state in economically challenged and disadvantaged communities across Illinois.
- Achieving access to local, healthy food for the more than 500,000 people in Illinois who live in food scarce neighborhoods.
- Emphasizing policy solutions of water justice for communities who suffer disproportionately from basement flooding and sewer backups.
For the upcoming mayoral runoff, the Action Fund has not yet made an endorsement. Only one of the two candidates has submitted their questionnaire:
Lori Lightfoot (full response available here)
The following candidates submitted their questionnaires, but did not make it to the runoff:
Amara Enyia (full response available here)
Paul Vallas (full response available here)
Susana Mendoza (full response available here)
Willie Wilson (full response available here)
As you can see, not all candidates have returned their questionnaires yet. If you notice someone is missing, contact their campaign and ask them to return the Faith in Place Action Fund questionnaire! This page will continue to be updated as more candidates submit their responses.