The Faith in Place Action Fund invites you to tell Gov. Pritzker we want all COVID-19 relief to be equitable and for those most vulnerable, not just big business. Please read the petition here and sign below:
Dear Gov. Pritzker,
The Faith in Place Action Fund thanks you for your proactive approach in protecting Illinois residents from COVID-19 by issuing a shelter-in-place, and we applaud the decision to safeguard our health. We are deeply aware, however, how the impact of this crisis is impacting disadvantaged communities disproportionately, both for essential and non-essential employees.
Illinois faith communities are being affected in multiple ways:
- Houses of worship are struggling to provide essential services for their community while receiving less financial support and facing the restrictions of physical distancing.
- Many essential employees in our faith communities are unable to protect themselves and their families from COVID-19 due to lack of support from their employer.
- Non-essential employees, including domestic workers, gig workers, and temp workers, are not provided economic support in federal relief bills.
As a people of faith and conscience, we are calling upon you to adopt relief packages that ensure all Illinois residents in economically disadvantaged communities are prioritized and are equally cared for during this crisis. Our vulnerable workers in our communities need support. We as people of faith understand that when one of us is affected, we all are affected. We ask you to consider those overlooked in the stimulus bills to ensure our entire community is safe and provided for.
- Specifically, we ask you to ensure that all Illinoisans have rights to:
- Affordable testing and treatment.
- Paid sick and paid family medical leave.
- Economic stimulus payouts.
We believe that this is a pivotal moment in U.S. history, therefore making it essential for us all to come together in solidarity. Amid the crisis, we acknowledge that the nation’s economy has been devastated, Illinois’ budget included. The proposed stimulus is the largest in U.S. history, and we urge you to continue being proactive in your leadership by supporting decisions centered in the nation’s most vulnerable workers rather than extensive focus on big business bailout. Policy level safeguards are essential for ensuring both those with and without jobs during COVID-19 are able to maintain their livelihood.
We ask you to review and implement expansions of existing relief packages to ensure no one in Illinois is left without the physical, health care, and economic safeguards they need to survive this crisis.
Thank you for your attention and leadership through this COVID-19 crisis.
Complete the form below to have your signature delivered to the Governor with this letter.