Today, I’m excited to announce the Clean Energy Jobs Act, a revolutionary bill that would take action to address the climate crisis and transition Illinois to a clean energy economy for all.
This bill represents a turning point for our state. Instead of suffering the health and economic impacts of fossil fuels, we can build wealth through clean energy careers for people in communities that suffer most from environmental degradation.
Building on the overwhelming success of the Future Energy Jobs Act passed in 2016, the Clean Energy Jobs Act will:
- Put Illinois on a path to 100% renewable energy by 2050;
- Cut carbon from the power sector by 2030;
- Replace 1 million diesel vehicles with electric vehicles, mass transit, and other alternatives; and
- Create jobs and economic opportunity by:
- Building Equity in the Clean Energy Workforce
- Creating Clean Jobs Workforce Hubs
- Creating a Contractor Incubator Program
- Expanding Solar for All
Pastor Scott Onque