After an interview with State Representative Sonya M. Harper (D-Chicago), 6th District, on September 7, 2016, the Board of Directors is announcing Representative Harper as the inaugural endorsement of the Faith in Place Action Fund. Representative Harper is agreeing to champion legislative provisions that accomplish the following Faith in Place Action Fund principles:
- curbing climate change while creating clean energy jobs, improving our energy efficiency and our renewable portfolio standards to create wind and solar jobs for all.
- prioritizing energy efficiency, wind, and solar jobs for areas that suffer disproportionately from air pollution, requiring a just transition plan from polluting jobs to clean energy jobs.
- creating accessibility of clean energy jobs for returning citizens and those across the state in economically challenged and disadvantaged communities across Illinois.
- achieving access to local, healthy food for the more than 500,000 people in Illinois who live in food scarce neighborhoods.
- emphasizing policy solutions of water justice for communities who suffer disproportionately from basement flooding and sewer backups.